Sophie Swimsuit Pattern - PDF Download
- FABRIC & SUPPLIES
With curvy seam lines and a 3-piece balconette cup, the Sophie swimsuit is both va-va-voom flattering and reassuringly supportive, a silhouette equally appropriate in the south of France or the neighborhood pool.
View A is a classic one-piece with a pronounced hourglass shape and skinny elastic straps. View B mixes a bra-style halter tied top with an elegant high waisted bikini bottom. With a low cut leg and a full cup, both offer sexily modest coverage. Tap into your inner designer by playing with contrast fabric and colour blocking, and learn how to add optional underwires and foam cups to make the most supportive swimsuit ever!
If you'd like help making your Sophie, check out our in-depth online workshop, which walks you through construction in eleven step by step lessons (please note the workshop includes the PDF pattern).
Carolyn is also available as a beautifully printed pattern. This is an instant gratification PDF download available in both print-at-home and copy shop formats. See our guide to printing & assembling PDF files here.
Model notes: Our model is 5'-3" and is wearing a size 6.
Body: Swimsuit lycra with 4-way stretch (at least 50% crosswise stretch).
Lining: Swim lining with 4-way stretch (100% nylon suggested)
All sizes: .75 yd / .7m
58" / 1.5m
All sizes = 1yd/1m
- 1/4yd (.22m) bra cup foam for cups (suggested but optional)
- Underwire (suggested but optional)
- 1yd (.9m) of underwire channelling (suggested but optional)
- 1/2 yd (.5m) clear elastic for cups sewn without foam
- Stretch needles (important to avoid skipped stitches)
- 3/8” rubber or “swimwear” elastic (3.5 yds for swimsuit, 5 yds for bikini)
- Polyester thread
- 1 x 1” S-hooks or 1” swim closure (bikini top only)
- 4 x 3/8” S-hooks for swim straps, View A
- Small piece of bra lining for bridge stabilization
- Power mesh for center front of View A (optional)
- Measuring tape
- Chalk pencil or other marking tool
Sewing level: Intermediate
Sizes: 0 - 20, 5 cup sizes per size (approx A, B, C, D, DD/E). See our sizing chart here.
Finished measurements: See complete final measurements here
Instructions: English or French
Print at Home File (Letter & A4): 12-15 pages, sizes are not layered.
Copy Shop (36"x48" / A0): 1 page, sizes are not layered.